Brick Coating Standard on all L&L Kilns
- We coat our firebrick with a proprietary reflective ceramic coating which penetrates, binds, and hardens the surface of the entire interior of the kiln.
Reduces brick dusting
- Our coating promotes a clean interior of the kiln.
Makes Kiln Interior Durable
- It increases brick life by reducing chipping and spalling.
- Durability of the interior liner is the main benefit of this great coating.
Better than Cement Coating
- Some other kilns have a cement coating on the lids. If done right this can work to keep the lid from dusting although it does nothing for the sides or bottom.
- Also brick cement expands with heat at a slightly different rate than the brick. That can lead to cracking of the cement coating, especially when firing to high temperatures.
- Our coating increases operating efficiency and uniformity by reflecting heat back into the kiln.