strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/hotkilns/public_html/sites/all/modules/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
- Use A Qualified Electrician
- Clearances and Flammable Surfaces
- Check Temperatures Around Kiln
- Leveling the Kiln
- Adjusting the Hinge Properly
- Use the Supplied Kiln Stand
- Don't Use an Extension Cord
- Power Cord Must Be Properly Rated
- Use Copper Wire for Hook Up
- Protect Power Cord From Kiln Case
- Keep Kiln Dry & In Protected Space
- Keep A Fire Extinguisher Near Kiln
- Sprinkler Cautions
GENERAL ENVIRONMENT CAUTIONS
LOADING & UNLOADING CAUTIONS
- Turn Off Power While Loading
- Keep Lid Closed When Kiln Is Not In Use
- Do Not Store Anything On Lid
- Do Not Open The Door Above 250°F
- Do Not Unload Kiln While Hot
- Be Careful of Sharp Objects
- Secure Lid While Loading or Unloading If You Have A Spring-Loaded Easy-Lift Hinge
- If You Have a DaVinci Counterbalanced Lid
- If You Have A Basic Hinge With Chain Supports
- Viewing Into The Kiln
- Attend The Firing
- Make Sure Your Kiln Sitter Is Adjusted
- Use Kiln Wash On The Cone Supports
- Understand Your Control
- Program Review on Automatic Kilns with DynaTrol Controls
- Do Not Confuse Cone Numbers
- Use The Proper Thermocouple
- Check Thermocouple Calibration
- Shut Off Kiln At Disconnect or Circuit Breaker
- Do Not Fire Kiln Above 2350°F (1290°C, Cone 10)
POST FIRING CAUTIONS
GENERAL MAINTENANCE CAUTIONS
- All cautions and requirements recommended by L&L Kiln Mfg. Inc. are meant to assist Users to properly and safely operate their kilns. Many of these cautions apply to kilns and ceramic processes in general.
- By making use of, and/or downloading from, this web site, User acknowledges that process and manufacturing systems improperly installed, maintained, or operated can pose serious and dangerous threats to worker safety, environmental integrity, and product/process quality.
- Kilns operate at high temperatures and make us of high voltages/amperages and if improperly installed, maintained, or used can cause serious personal or property damages.
- Commercial kilns are provided with various safety, performance, and operating limits, designs and devices which, if disconnected, altered, tampered with, or changed by User, User's employees, User's agents, or others acting on User's behalf or with User's knowledge, will become User's sole risk and responsibility.
- User also has the sole responsibility for assigning properly trained persons to operate the kilns who have demonstrated common sense and a general aptitude for such work.
- It is User’s sole responsibility to understand and assure adherence to all safety notices and installation, operating, and maintenance instructions provided by this web site and/or by the kiln manufacturer.